Mr. Michael P. Alvarez and Ms. Catherine B. Alvarez donated the fee simple interest in Plat 41, lot 37 to the Little Compton Agricultural Conservancy Trust. The donation took place on December 9, 2014 via a Bargain Sale Deed. The property, located on West Main Road, consists of 2.3 acres of land.
A Baseline Documentation Report was completed on the property during February – March 2019. The Report outlines the history of the property, as well as, its current land uses (see below). The entire report may be viewed on this website.
Prior Land Uses: The Premises has been forested since the earliest available aerial photography from 1939. In the decades since, the Premises appear to have been relatively undisturbed. Trails though the forest suggest the Premises and surrounding forests have been used in the past for hunting and firewood collection.
Current Land Uses: At present, The Premises is dense forest and forested swamp throughout. There appears to be active hunting in the Cole Brook Woods. Hunting is permitted by permission on LCACT owned properties, but it is not known to be occurring on this property. There is no planned public access in the form of parking, trails or signage.