Susan T.L. Kass and the Broadus Family Partnership donated the development rights to Plat 16, Lot 21, to the Little Compton Agricultural Conservancy Trust. The conveyance took place on November 5, 1996 and included one and eight hundredths (1.08) acres of open space property. The property is located on West Main Road.
A Baseline Documentation Report was completed on this property in January 2020. The report reflects the condition of the property on January 24, 2020 and outlines the history of the property and its current uses (see below). The entire report is available on this website.
Prior Land Uses: The property was historically used agriculturally. Early historic aerial photographs from as far back as 1939 show the property in use as a field. Between 1951 and 1962, the west side was slightly scrubbier. This may indicate that the field was used as pasture for animals to graze rather than as a hayfield for that period of time. The general composition of the Property is the same as it was in 1939.
Current Land Use: Today, the Property consists of a field that is maintained, by mowing, at lawn height. The Property’s north, south and west boundaries are denoted by stonewalls. Some of the field edges along the stonewalls are a bit scrubby with vegetation.