On October 15, 2007, Marjorie W. and George B. Bullock, Jr. donated the development right to Plat 8, Lot 25, to the Little Compton Agricultural Conservancy Trust. The Little Compton Assessors Map Book indicates the property is located on Bailey’s Ledge Road,and consists of 7.8 acres. The development rights covers 3.7 acres of the property.
A Baseline Documentation Report was completed on the property in October 2019. The Report outlines the history of the property, as well as, its current land uses. The entire report is available on this website.
Prior Land Uses: The Premises has a long history of agricultural use. Early aerial photographs from as far back as 1939 show the Premises in use as a field (most likely for hay and/or pasture). The only change is a stone wall that was on the northern boundary and removed sometime between 1962 and 1972. The general composition of the property is the same as it was in 1939.
Current Land Use: Today, the Premises consists of a field and a rocky coastline with some larger boulders added to prevent erosion from the Sakonnet River. The field appears to be cut for hay once a growing season. A perimeter strip around the field and one strip right down the center of the field are maintained at a short lawn height.