Mr. Leonard B. Colt donated the development rights, to Plat 16, Lot 70-1, to the Little Compton Agricultural Conservancy. The donation took place on December 21, 2005, through a Deed to Development Rights and Conservation Restrictions instrument. Plat 16, Lot 70-1 is located on Swamp Road, and contains 2.156 acres of land. The property currently is an open space property.
Mr. Colt also donated the development rights to Plat 16, Lot 72-3 through the same Deed to Development Rights and Conservation Restrictions instrument. Lot 72-3 is located on Swamp Road. It contains 2.55 acres of property and is an open space property. A Baseline Documentation Report was completed on the property in January 2019. The report outlines the history of the property as well as land uses (see below). The entire report is available on this website.
Prior Land Uses: The property has a long agricultural history, which continues today. Early historic aerial photographs from as far back as 1939 show the property in use as a pasture/hayfield. The composition of the property is similar to that in 1939.
Current Land Uses: Today, the property is a field. It appears hay is cut twice a year. The northernmost area of the property is mowed regularly and lawn length of grass is maintained.