On December 28, 1992, Sagonet Meadows Association (Joseph J. Dabek and David J. Ahearn), donated to the Little Compton Agricultural Conservancy Trust, the development rights to Plat 26, Lot 8-2. The property consists of 2.06 acres of farmland. Lot 8-2 was donated along with lots 8-1, 8-3 and 8-4. The entire donation totals 9.4 acres. The property is located on Burchard Avenue and is permenantly restricted to agriculture or open space.
It must be noted that, on December 12, 2002, Robert H. Sayer, IV. and Susan L. Sayer donated the development rights to a portion of Plat 26, Lot 8-2. Lot 8-2 contains 4.315 acres of lands. The 2002 Deed to Development Rights protects .934 acres of this property. Therefore, in total 2.94 acres of the 4.315 acres are currently preserved.
A Baseline Documentation Report was completed on the property in April 2019. The report outlines the history of the property, as well as, its land uses (see below). The entire report is available on this website.
Prior Land Uses: The Premises has a long agricultural history. Early historic photographs from as far back as 1939 show the Premises in use as a pasture/hayfield. The composition of the Premises is very similar to that in the 1939. From 1939 until around 1972, the easternmost wooded portion of the Premises appears to have been pasture. Between 1972 and 1985 more trees began to establish, but it appears to still have been grazed. Between 1985 and 1988 a road was added at the southern edge of the Premises to access the further east and present day High Meadow Road.
Current Land Use: Today, the Premises is a field and some woods. The field appears to be mowed on a regular basis to maintain a moderate height of vegetation. The Premises also contains a 14′ wide, paved right -of-way on the southern side of the property which allows access to the house on the eastern side of the Premises, multiple lots east of the Premises, and Meadow Lane.