On December 28, 1992, Sagonate Meadows Association, donated to the Little Compton Agricultural Conservancy Trust, the development rights to Plat 26, Lot 8-4. The property consists of 3.35 acres of farmland. Lot 8-4 was donated along with lots 8-1, 8-2 and 8-3. The entire donation totals 9.4 acres. The property is located on Burchard Avenue and is permenantly restricted to agriculture or open space.
Prior Land Use: The premises has a long agricultural history, which continues today. Early historic aerial photographs from as far back as 1939 show the Premises in use as a pasture/hayfield. The composition of the Premises is similar to that in 1939. A small barn was added to the Premises prior to the spring of 1992, based on historical aerial photographs.
Current Land Use: Today, the Premises is a field. Paddock fencing divides a portion of the Premises. A small flock of sheep and one horse graze the Premises.
Proposes Future Use: It is the purpose of the Conservation Restriction to assure that the Premises will be retained forever in its agricultural and open space condition as described in this Baseline Documentation Report. The Conservation Restriction further requires that the Premises continue to be used for agricultural purposes.