On May 24, 1993, the Little Compton Agricultural Conservancy Trust purchased the fee simple interest in Plat 29, Lot 31-3, from Lawrence DeSouza, Eleanor Desouza, Mary Lou Manchester and Thomas Manchester. The property is open space property located on Long Highway. It totals 2.0 acres.
A baseline documentation report was completed on this property in January 2020. The report outlines the history and current uses of the property (see below). The entire report is available on this website.
Prior Land Uses: The Premises was historically forest. Early historic aerial photographs from as far back as 1939 show the Premises as forest. The general composition of the Premises is the same as it was in 1939.
Current Land Use: Today, the Premises is forested with a small section of wetlands in the southwest corner of the Premises. Stonewall denote two of the four boundaries.