Mr. Lawrence DeSouza donated Plat 17, Lot 17 to the Little Compton Agricultural Conservancy Trust. The donation was completed on July 13, 1993 through a Warranty Deed. Plat 17, Lot 17 is located on Swamp Road and is comprised of .53 acres of land.
A Baseline Document Report was completed for this property in September 2020. The Baseline Documentation report outlines the historical uses of the property and current use (see below). The entire report may be viewed on this website.
Prior Land Uses: The Premises was most likely used as a supporting woodlot for agriculture. The Premises was historically forest. Early historic aerial photographs from as far back as 1939 show the Premises as forest. The general composition of the Premises is similar to how it was in 1939.
Current Land Use: Today, the Premises is deciduous forest (> 80% hardwood). All of the Premises is classified as deciduous forested wetland (red maple swamp). Dundery Brook runs through the western side of the Premises, from North to south.