On December 28, 2007, Mr. Philip R. Harper donated the development rights to Plat 4, Lot 7-2A99, to the Little Compton Agricultural Conservancy Trust. The lot contains a total of 11.4 acres of land of which 9.4 acres are conserved through the Deed to Development Rights and Conservation Restrictions. The property is located on West Main Road.
A Baseline Documentation Report was completed on the property in December 2019. The report outlines the history of the property as well as it’s current uses (see below). The entire report is available on this website.
Prior Land Uses: The Premises was historically used agriculturally. Early historic aerial photographs from as far back as 1939 show the Premises in use as a field. The general composition of the property is the same as it was in 1939.
Current Land uses: Today, the Premises consists of a field that appears to be mowed once to twice a year, some scrubby field edges, and a beach consisting of cobbles and boulders.