The Little Compton Agricultural Conservancy Trust purchased the development rights to Plat 6, Lots 1,a portion of Lot 2 and Lot 3, from Mr. Miles Harrison and Mrs. Emily K. Harrison on March 6, 2002. The properties are located on the corner of West Main Road and Taylor’s Lane. Lot 3 contains 6.94 acres, all of which are protected by the Deed to Development Rights. Lot 1 contains 7.928 acres of property; all of which are protected by the Deed to Development Rights. Lot 2 contains 4.07 acres of property, of which 1.07 acres are preserved through the Deed to Development Rights.
A Baseline Documentation Report was completed on the property from December 2018 thru February 2019. The report outlines the history of the property, as well as, its land uses (see below). The entire report is available on this website.
Prior Land Uses: The oldest records available show the property has always featured swamp and open meadow. Aerial photography dating from 1939 onward shows the gradual reforestation of parts of lot 2 and 3 beginning mid-century.
Current Land Uses: At present, the eastern portion of the land is ruderal shrub land and grassland which is mowed every fall. Central and western portions of the property are mixed deciduous/coniferous forest and deciduous/coniferous swamp.