Norman Lofsky, Janet Macpherson Lofsky, Kathleen C. Haire and Truscott Associates, LLC., donated their development rights in Plat 8, Lot 10-1 to the Little Compton Agricultural Conservancy Trust. This donation took place on December 12, 2014. Located on Bailey’s Ledge Road, the property consists of two an three hundredths (2.03) acres of land.
A Baseline Documentation Report was completed on this property in December 2019. The Report outlines the history of the property, as well as, the current land uses (see below). The entire Report is available on this website.
Prior Land Uses: The Property was historically used agriculturally. Early historic aerial photographs from as far back as 1939 show the Property in use as field. The general composition of the property is the same as it was in 1939. The only notable change is the removal of three small buildings on the eastern boundary of the Property, sometime between 2011 and 2014. A survey from 1992, shows two structures on the eastern boundary of the Property and notes “artesian well structure”.
Current Land Use: Today, the Property consists of a field that is maintained at lawn height.