The Little Compton Agricultural Conservancy Trust purchased the fee simple interest in Plat 28, Lot 53 from Daniel and Ann M. Rocha. The purchase was executed, on February 6, 1989, via a Warranty Deed. The Rocha property, as it is called, consists of 16 acres of open space, and is located on East Main Road.
A Baseline Documentation Report was completed on the property in February 2020. The report outlines the historical and current uses of the property (see below). The entire report is available on this website.
Prior Land Uses: The Premises was historically forest. Early historic photographs from as far back as 1939 show the Premises as forest. The general composition of the Premises is similar to how it was in 1939.
Current Land Use: Today, the Premises is forested, forested wetlands and shrub wetlands. Stonewalls denote all the boundary edges. The Premises remain largely unchanged from 1939 to present day. It is obvious that agriculture occurred on the Premises historically due to the existence of stonewalls, however any active agriculture pre-dated the 1939 aerial historic photographs.