The Sakonnet Preservation Association donated this property to the Little Compton Agricultural Conservancy Trust, on December 13, 1994. The property is located on Indian Hill Road. It consists of 1.56 acres of open space.
A Baseline Documentation Report was completed on this property in June 2020. The report outlines the history of the property, as well as, it’s current uses (see below). The entire report is available on this website.
Prior Land Uses: The Premises was most likely historically used as a supporting pasture and woodlot. In 1951 – 1952, the Premises was more cleared in various areas, the way land would be cleared for supporting grazing land. In 1939, the whole Premises was clear and open.
Current Land Uses: Today, the Premises is wooded with a mix of trees and scrubby brush. The western two-thirds of the Premises is classified as scrub-shrub swamp. Some areas are slightly more open and most areas are quite overgrown.