On January 22, 2020, the Little Compton Agricultural Conservancy Trust purchased the fee simple interest in Plat 12, Lot 79-2, from Henry S. Stone, Jr., Janos Stone, and Nicholas Stone. The property is located on Warren’s Point Road and consists of 3.243 acres of land. This property is agricultural property.
A Baseline Documentation Report was completed on the property in December 2019. The report outlines the history of the property, as well as its current land uses (see below). The entire report is available on this website.
Prior Land Uses: The Protected Property has a long agricultural history, which continues today. Early historic aerial photographs from 1939 show the conservation area and surrounding neighborhood all in fields, a landscape pattern which continued through the 1950s. Aerial photographs from 1962 show the first homes appearing on the northern portion of Warren’s Point Road to both the west and east.
Current Land Use: Today, the Protected Property will be retained forever in it agricultural and open space condition as described in this Baseline Documentation Report.