Caroline C. and Richard R. Venusti donated the development rights to Plat 5, Lot 10 to the Little Compton Agricultural Conservancy trust. This donation took place on December 31, 2015 via a Deed to Development Rights. The property is located on West Main Road. It abuts Plat 5, Lot 6 which contains 47.58 acres of preserved property and Plat 5, Lot 40-5 which contains 106 acres of preserved property. A Baseline Documentation Report was completed on the property in October 2018. The report outline the history of the property as well as land uses (see below). The entire report is available on this website.
Prior Land Uses: The Protected Property has a long agricultural history, which continues today. Early historic aerial photographs from 1939 show the Protected Property in use as a pasture. The composition of the Protected Property was similar to that in 1939, until sometime between 1981 and 1988 when the larger pond was put in place. A smaller pond in the southwest corner is evident as far back as 1939 in historic aerial photographs.
Current Land Use: Today, the Protected Property is a field. It contains one smaller pond and one larger pond.